California Tribal Medi-Cal Administrative Activities
The California Tribal Medi-Cal Administrative Activities (CTMAA) Program offers a way for Tribal Health Programs to obtain federal reimbursement for the cost of certain administrative activities necessary for the proper and efficient administration of the Medi-Cal program.
Examples of reimbursable administrative activities include:
- Medi-Cal outreach;
- Facilitating Medi-Cal application;
- Medi-Cal related referral;
- Medi-Cal related program planning and policy development;
- Providing transportation to Medi-Cal services; and
- General administrative activities
The goals of the MAA program are to:
- Facilitate outreach to potential Medi-Cal enrollees;
- Assist children and families in accessing needed Medi-Cal services;
- Assist and support Tribes and Tribal Organizations to prepare appropriate claims for administrative costs under the Medi-Cal program; and
- Administer an effective, efficient statewide MAA program.
In January 2009, CMS approved California’s Tribal Medi-Cal Administrative Activities Implementation plan. In December 2009, CMS approved California’s Tribal MAA transportation invoice. When providing individuals with non-emergency, non-medical transportation to Medi-Cal covered services, participating Tribal Program’s transporter must keep track of the mileage and actual time transporting. Complete the appropriate TMAA log.
MAA Specific Activities:
Non-transportation activities are called MAA Specific Activities. The invoice for this claim was approved in August 2010. The following are the MAA Specific Activities Contract Codes:
Code 4 – Initial Medi-Cal Outreach
Code 6 – Facilitating Application
Code 8 – Ongoing Referral, Coordination & Monitoring of Medi-Cal Services
Code 10 – Arranging Transportation for Medi-Cal Services
Code 14 – Translation Related to Medi-Cal Services
Code 16 – Program Planning, Policy Development & Interagency Coordination (PPPD)
Code 17 – Medi-Cal Administrative Activities (MAA) Coordination and Claims Administration
CRIHB TMAA Webinar Training
The California Tribal Medi-Cal Administrative Activities (TMAA) program offers a way for Tribal Health Programs and Tribal Governments to obtain federal reimbursement for the cost of certain administrative activities necessary for the proper and efficient administration of the Medi-Cal program. This webinar will provide the attendees with programmatic updates.
(916) 929-9761 x 1322
(916) 929-7246 Fax
Deputy Director, Health Systems Development
(916) 929-9761 x 1323
(916) 929-7246 Fax