Health Information Management
CRIHB provides technical assistance on a variety of health information technology issues with our contracted tribal clinics. This includes coding trainings, monitoring of patient privacy issues during, implementation support of electronic health records (EHR) and enterprise practice management (EPM), as well as monitoring and support of EHR implementation. In addition, our staff supports our clinics with other patient data requests including immunization reports, disease-specific reports, and mandated reports such as the Government Performance and Results Act (GPRA) reports and others submitted on behalf of our clinic partners to Indian Health Service (IHS) and the State of California.
Health Information Management (HIM) provides planning, coordination, training, and technical assistance to Tribal Health Programs on issues pertaining to health information, quality improvement, and data analysis.
The following are some of the services provided via technical assistance to our tribal health programs either via contract or fee-for service.
- Analysis of health information systems
- Development of policies and procedures for health information
- Assessment of the quality of computerized data.
- On-site assessment and technical assistance on the development of standardized data collection and reporting requirements.
- Performs annual billing/coding audits and
- Provides training to clinic providers and staff, including review of audit results
- ICD-9-CM Coding Training
- CPT-4 Coding Training
The Health Information Manager serves as a resource for Laws & Regulations related to:
- HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) Privacy Training and Technical Assistance for clinic staff & Boards of Directors
- Privacy and Confidentiality Training (CA laws & regulations)
- Release of Information Training & Technical Assistance
- Contract Health Services (CHS) Laws & Regulations
- HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) Privacy Training and Technical Assistance (clinic staff & Boards of Directors)
- NextGen Planning, Implementation, Administration, and Reporting
Classes are scheduled throughout the year, either at CRIHB or at the tribal clinics throughout California via contract or fee-for-service. Please contact Elizabeth Bitsilly, Health Information Systems Manager directly at (916) 929-9761 or via e-mail at
The Pharmacy Program is chiefly responsible for the planning, organizing and coordination of pharmacy services of contracting tribal clinics. Our staff pharmacist is responsible for providing training and technical assistance to tribal health clinics in establishing and maintaining pharmacy services which meet or exceed Joint Commission, Indian Health Service and state and federal regulatory standards.
- Serving as the Consultant Pharmacist at contracted facilities
- Serving as a member of the tribal health program Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee
- Provide onsite assessment of clinic and contracted providers services
- Collection and analysis of data
- Recommendation and development of purchasing service or delivery systems, including Medicare Part D
- Establishing 340B pharmacy arrangements between tribal clinics and local pharmacies
To request assistance from Pharmacy Services
All of the technical assistance provided by the Pharmacy Coordinator is provided to contracted tribal clinics or can be done for non-members on a fee-for-service basis.
Tribal programs should contact Dr. Amir Khoyi, CRIHB Pharmacy Coordinator at (916) 929-9761 or via e-mail at
Human Resource Services are available to all CRIHB Member Programs and Tribes
Posting Requirements for California and Federal Employment Notices
Tribal Health Clinics
Head Start Sites
Web Site Internet Posting
Other Recruiting Sites
DOT Drug & Alcohol testing
Unlawful Harassment Prohibition
Applicant work reference verification
Interview process, Interview Questions, Interview Synopsis, and Laws
Non-Member Tribes can also receive Technical Assistance under a fee-for-service contract.
Tribal programs should contact Jill Kimble, Human Resource Manager at (916) 929-9761 or