Phillip R. Lee Scholarship
Dr. Phillip R. Lee Scholarship Deadline
August 31, 2009 for fall 2009 semester
CRIHB has been awarded a $280,000 grant from the California Wellness Foundation for the Dr. Phillip R. Lee Scholarship Program to support American Indian students pursuing health careers. Scholarships are distributed twice a year. Applications are reviewed and awarded by the CRIHB Scholarship Committee which is made up of CRIHB Board of Director's.
- Awards are given to American Indian students pursuing health careers.
- Priority consideration will be given to American Indian students enrolled in an accredited Nursing Degree Program.
- Priority consideration will be given to American Indian students employed by a California Tribal Health Program.
- Scholarships will be awarded up to $2,800 per student with a two (2) year payback to one of California Tribal Health Programs.
- Students must maintain a "B" average or better.
- Must submit tribal certification from Tribe or BIA.
The Native American health care professional care giver is in high demand because the Native American population still has the worst health statistics in the nation and many live on Indian Reservations in remote parts of California that are not attractive to people that do not have any ties to the Indian Communities.
CRIHB has twelve (12) Member Tribal Health Programs that serves over 66,000 Indian patients at 28 Indian Health Clinic sites.
For more information, please contact California Rural Indian Health Board, Inc. Administrative Services Department at (916) 929-9761 or (800) 274-4288.
WHY DONATE TO CRIHB’s SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
- To help support American Indian students pursuing professions in Health Care Careers
- To help increase the number of Indian students practicing in medically underserved areas of California working in Tribal Health Clinics.
- Donating to the CRIHB Scholarship Program will help keep the program in existence so will be able to continue to provide scholarships to Native American students pursuing health care careers
For More Information Click Here
Indian Health Services (IHS) Scholarship Program
Applications must be postmarked no later than February 28, 2009 for continuation students and March 28, 2009 for new applicants. Scholarship awards for the 2009-2010 cycle will be announced in early June for continuation students and early July for new applicants.
How Do You Envision Your Future?
Indian Health programs need dedicated health and allied health professionals to fill staffing needs - people like you who envision a career with a purpose and mission, and who are willing to commit to working in Indian communities where they can truly make a difference.
The mission of IHS is to raise the physical, mental, social, and spiritual health of American Indians and Alaska Natives to the highest level. Because of the IHS scholarship program, many qualified health professionals are given the opportunity to pursue their career, as well as help their own communities.
For application details please visit - www.ihs.gov
Health Professions Education Foundation
Spring Postmark Deadline: March 24, 2009 Fall Postmark Deadline: September 11, 2009
Is a non-profit 501 © 3 organization that aims to improve healthcare in underserved areas of California by providing scholarships and loan repayments to health professional students and graduates who are dedicated to serving in those areas. In return for this support, the recipient shall agree to provide direct patient care in a medically underserved area of California for up to two years. Tribal Health Programs qualify as MUA’s.
- Allied Healthcare: Scholarship
- Health Professions Education: Scholarship/Loan Repayment
- Youth for Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention: Scholarship
- Associate Degree Nursing: Scholarship
- Pre-Nursing: Scholarship
- Bachelor of Science Nursing: Scholarship/Loan Repayment
- For application details visit www.healthprofessions.ca.gov
Find Your Health Career at www.HealthJobsStartHere.com
Health Jobs Start Here will introduce you to good jobs in healthcare and help you figure out which ones could be the right fit for you. The number of healthcare jobs available in California is only going to grow in the coming years.
For CRIHB & Tribal Health Clinic Job Openings visit www.crihbjobs.com